We recommend arriving in Tanzania at least one day before the climb. This gives you some time to relax and adjust to the local weather; it also gives you a safety net in case your flight is delayed.
This is okay, we do airport transfers at any time, including late nights and early mornings.
Foreigners seeking to enter the United Republic of Tanzania should be in possession of a valid passport; the passport must be valid for 6 months after the intended length of stay in Tanzania. US citizens and other nationalities will need a visa. To see a detailed list of entry requirements see Entry Requirements for Tanzania.
If you are arriving from a country with a risk of yellow fever the government requires proof of yellow fever vaccination; other than the aforementioned, no other vaccination is mandatory. However, we think it is important to get some recommended vaccines for your own safety; see the list here.
Yes, travel insurance is mandatory. Your travel insurance should cover high altitude trekking, medical and repatriation costs, and trip cancellation. See more details about travel insurance here.
Please see an exhaustive list of gear and equipment required for Kilimanjaro here.
To book a trip, you can fill out a booking form, email us directly or call us at +255 684 888 881. Please note that filling the booking form does not confirm the trip; trips are only confirmed once you have paid a 20% deposit by credit card or wire transfer. The remaining balance( i.e the remaining 80%) is due 60 days before departure of the trip.
We accept credit cards(Visa and Mastercard) and bank wire transfers – domestic and international.
To confirm your booking you are expected to pay a deposit of 20% of the total trip cost; the deposit is due within 14 days of making the booking and there shall be no binding contract until the deposit has been paid. The remaining balance(the remaining 80%) is due 60 days prior to the first day of service provision. If we do not receive the remaining balance by the due date, the booking shall be canceled automatically. The deposit money is not refundable under any circumstances.
Should the client be unable to make the trip, it is possible to transfer payments and deposits to a new trip; the new trip must take place within one year of the original trip date. Sabaya Tours reserves the right to reject trip transfers. If you request to transfer the trip to a new date that is within 60 days of the original date, a fee of $200 per person will be charged; if you request to transfer the trip to a date that is within 30 days of the original date, a fee of $400 will be charged per person. No trip transfers will be granted if the new trip date is within 30 days of the original date.
If the client leaves the trip under for any reason, after the trip has begun there will be no refunds; in fact, any additional costs incurred due to such action is the sole responsibility of the client. We do not refund for unutilized services.
Any cancellation must be in writing by email; Cancellation charges shall apply as follows:
(For more details refer to Booking Terms & Conditions)
The minimum allowable age for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is 10 years; while there is no maximum climbing age, if you are over 60 years old, please get cleared by your doctor before attempting the climb. Generally, anyone attempting to climb Mount Kilimanjaro should see their doctor before attempting the climb; it is even more important for those below 18 years and those above 60 years.
we are uniquely positioned to utilize our expertise and connections to provide you with affordable, very high-quality and innovative services. We are mid-a range operator and are uniquely capable of providing a variety of premium packages, at very fair rates.
Luxury operators charge higher rates for things non-essential add-ons that you do not need; on the other hand, budget operators charge lower prices at the expense of your safety and comfort.
When you choose to climb with us or go on safari with us, you have a choice; you can decide to join a group or embarking on a private trip.
No, all climbs will depart as soon as one person joins.
We provide hotel/lodge accommodation before and after climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. We choose simple, clean, quiet and comfortable lodges/hotels to help you relax after a long flight, after a climb or during a safari. The websites of those lodges/hotels are linked in our itineraries.
Yes, we have high-quality mountain gear for rent to our clients; climbing gear is expensive, renting rather than buying, saves you money. Rental gear is only available to Sabaya Tours clients; we do not rent to other companies or individuals climbing with other companies.
If you have no access to hills, mountains or nice trails, you can still train adequately by walking as much as possible; try to have at least two days of extended walking or hiking every week. You can also train on a stair master machine at your local gym. See more information about training for Kilimanjaro here.
See this a detailed breakdown of weather on Mount Kilimanjaro here.
See the best times to climb and reasons here.
We do airport transfers at any time, including late nights and early mornings.
If you need to contact us while en route to Tanzania please call us at+255 684 888 881.
Any valuable items that you do not need on the mountain can be stored in a secure room in the hotel.
To call home we recommend WhatsApp or any similar messaging app. Most hotels and some restaurants have WiFi; our safari vehicles also have WiFi onboard. Unfortunately, there is no WiFi or cellular on Mount Kilimanjaro.
Unfortunately no, all safaris and Kilimanjaro climbs must be pre-booked; we need to make preparations before your trip begins.
If a climber cannot continue, one guide will go down with them to ensure their safety; the rest of the trekking party will continue with the ascent.
There are no shower facilities on the mountain; when preparing for Kilimanjaro please pack wet wipes. In the morning and late in the evening we provide warm water for you to wash your face and hands.
Yes, if you have special dietary requirements, just let us know in advance.
No, prior to the climb make sure your camera or phone is fully charged; you can also bring additional batteries. Batteries do not like the cold, so wrap them in a piece of cloth and put them in your pocket.
We are focused on safety so we take the following precautions: on each climb, we carry a portable stretcher, a comprehensive first aid kit, and emergency oxygen.
For safari we recommend:
Kilimanjaro prices include:
Kilimanjaro prices do not include:
Safari prices include:
Safari prices do not include: